The Estonian Movie “Zero Point” (Nullpunkt) is to be released on VoD in all territories of the European Union subtitled in the 24 official European languages through “Working (Sub) Title”, a Creative Europe supported action.
- Zero Point VoD release
- Christian Grece • Analyst, European Audiovisual Observatory
- Half of all European films make it to VOD but US films still dominate in Europe
- Netflix and Amazon dominate discussions on film distribution in the UK
- Distribution networks get €1.15m EU funding boost
- Media Program-Backed TIDE Experiment Launches ‘Festival-To-Date’
Christian Grece, European Audiovisuel Observatory analyst, highlights the difficulties faced by European films to be released on VOD after their theatrical releases. However, he underlines that some genres know a better popular success on VOD.
The European Audiovisual Observatory published a report on the circulation of European movies from theaters to VOD. It appears that half of European films are released on VOD but American ones remain dominant in Europe.
On Monday, 13th, 2016, “UK distribution – What’s changing” event took place in London, organized by MeCETES and Creative Europe Desk UK. European players debated changing nature of the distribution industry. The discussions occurred to be dominated by the major influence of the digital leaders Netflix and Amazon in the UK.
In 2016, the Creative Europe program is renewing Under The Milky Way two projects.
- Walk This Way will enable the exploitation of more than 50 films on VOD platforms at the European level through direct support of technical and marketing expenses
- TIDE 4 is the sequel to the previous actions and will focus on Italy, Spain and Portugal Day & Date Films releases.”
The TIDE Experiment started a new innovative distribution way called “Festival-to-Date”. It consists in having films available on VOD platforms at the same time they are presented in Festivals, a new kind of “Day-and-Date” release.
See full article here